We are very excited that we will soon be entering the month of May which will make us that much closer to summer. With that being said, there are plenty of fun attractions and events in Ocean City, MD for both visitors and locals alike. Whether you are visiting for a couple days or relaxing on a week long vacation, we encourage you to experience the fun, sand, and sun that awaits you in OCMD. We have created a list of a few events for you to enjoy the next time you visit!
- Springfest is recognized to be the the kickstarter of the spring and summer season in Ocean City! Springfest is known for celebrating the upcoming warmer days that we have been waiting for. The four day long event offers delicious food, live entertainment and arts and crafts appropriate for the little ones! Admission to this event is free with the exception of headline acts. This event will kick off on May 4 and run through May 7th, 2017, running from 8:30am to 4:30pm at the south end of the boardwalk each day.
- Get ready to bump, set, spike for the Beachfest Volleyball Festival May 13 – 14, 2017. This event will take place indoors at the Ocean City Convention Center on 42nd Street. So if you’re up for a friendly competition, visit the Beachfest website here or call Richard Comly at [email protected].
- We all know that Maryland is known for its Blue Crabs and Old Bay. The year of 2017 is celebrating the 13th Annual White Marlin Festival & Crab Soup Cook-Off. This event takes place at the Somerset Street Plaza on Saturday, May 13 from 12pm to 3 pm. Local professional chefs will compete for the title of the “Best Crab Soup.” Don’t miss out on this fun and delicious experience! Visit www.downtownassociation.net for more information.
- May is the month for all the mothers out there! For anyone who has a mother, is a mother, or knows a mother, a Mother’s Day Winecation will take place at Sunset Park on Sunday May 14 at 1 pm to 5 pm and admission is $30 per person. For more information, contact Eric Chaplin at 443-856-8651 or [email protected]
- Cruisin’ Ocean City is another big event to kick off the spring and summer season in OCMD. Over 3,400 hot rods, customs, muscle cars and more will be featured at this popular event that many travelers come to see. This event will take place May 18 – 21, 2017 at the Convention Center and the Inlet Lot. Cruise on over to OCMD for this impressive car show. For more information visit www.crusinoceancity.com.
Having fun can make you hungry! If you plan to attend any of the events we provided you above, don’t forget to stop in to see us! We have plenty of food and refreshments that are to die for on a warm spring day.